Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome Back

Wow it seems like ages since I've been here but the truth is I've been visiting family and then had to regroup on my return. During my absence I learned that my mother who is retired is fitter than ever I. How depressing! We went walking in the mornings and she left me in the dust. Then when my son entered the fray he took off like a jet leaving us behind in his wake. the consumption of rum soaked fruit cake, ham and sorrel didn't help. What is sorrel you ask? A drink of course. It is made from the sorrel flower, steeped in boiling water to which is added ginger and sugar. Though typically served in the Caribbean at Christmas it was very much present in the Asian store I visited in New York.

Life is good. School and work are back in session and blogging will continue.

No comments: