Friday, October 17, 2008

Neither Blue nor Red for Dinner

Whenever I'm invited for dinner I usually opt for seafood. Not only is it healthier than lots of meats it is also tastier than vegetables. I had to pause though when the question was posed as to whether I would eat blue lobster. What's that you ask?

Apparently the blue lobster is blue because of a genetic defect similar to that which occurs in albinos and since it is extremely rare. It is said that there are about one in every two million, it is hardly likely that you will see an actual blue lobster on your plate in a restaurant. Even rarer is the red lobster of which there are only one in ten million. I never knew about this but then given the election season it seems apt as given the polls it looks as if blue will out do red.

No comments: