Friday, April 11, 2008

Mother's Day Contest

Since I live some distance away from my mom I have to rely on online shopping with quick delivery service to send gifts on important days like birthday and mother's day. One of my favourite haunts for this purpose is 1-800 flowers. I opened an account with them long ago and get regular emails updating me on their latest offers.

I have been using them to send mother's day gifts for quite a few years. Most times I don't send flowers although they are beautiful, I prefer the plants which my mom can nurture in her garden so they last a long time. Last year I sent her the money tree plant which still elicits lots of comments from her visitors.

This year 1-800 flowers is running an exciting "Celebrate Mom for Who She Is" contest for mother’s day. All you will have to do is complete a form online and send a story telling why your mom is the best mom in the world. The finalists will be selected on April 21st and then the public will vote to select the grand prize winners who will be announced on May 9th. Over $30,000 worth of prizes will be awarded. Some of these prizes include trips for 2 to New York and to Philadelphia. so what are you waiting for. Enter the contest and tell the world about your wonderful mom.


No comments: